I am loving bringing you all Call Me Mimi. And what is extra great is meeting talented and inspiring people along the way! Case in point…Camilla Kirk, from Milla Kirk Photography. It was a joy shooting this Thurley Romper with my Fav Jeffrey Campbell Sandals (read more here). I am making the most of the romper/jumpsuit trend as I am certain it won’t last but for now I find it so fun and easy to wear.
Check out her great shots and follow Milla Kirk Photography on Facebook and Website.
Romper: Thurley (similar here) // Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell Seneca Sandals // Clutch: MNO’logie // Rings: Dominic Jones (right hand), Street find (left hand) // Bracelets: Sophia Mor (right), Street Find (left) // Sunglasses: Ray Ban New Wayfarer
Photo Credit : Milla Kirk Photography
1. Mania Mani The Light Bracelet : LOVE jewelled handpieces right now.
2. Seed Heritage Denim Shorts: Currently wearing the white version. My new summer basic (and they are not too short!)
3. Gypsy Cami : Classic cut and the color will make any simple outfit pop
4. Seafolly Zanzibar Sunglasses : Seafolly new collection. The cateye is the great for summer.
5. Thurley Paradise Printed Onesie : Easy breezy and yet a little lux.
6. Seafolly Bikini: I am adoring the bikini bottom. Will go perfectly with any basic black bikini top.
7. Witchery Chambray Shirt: Soft and simple for an over-layer piece for a breezy night.
8. Seed Heritage Stripe Maxi Dress : Add some great flats and you have a timeless look.
9. Chi Chi Solarium in a Bottle :For a fun night out add some washable shimmer and glow. No commitment and no orange.
10. Senso Fifi Sandals: Senso…need I say more?!
11. Essie “Au Natural” Nail Polish: Hide those chips just a little better with a natural polish
12. Agent ninetynine Tank from General Pants : My go-to summer tank. I Own one in every color.
13. One Teaspoon Lux Tulum Pant: Because I can’t resist showing a drop crotch pant!
14. Seed Heritage Striped Tee: Goes with everything! Add some gold accessories to glam it up.
15. Converse All Star Dainty Midi : My current trainer of choice!
16. Ladakh Criss Cross Romper: Love me a romper. Check out the next outfit post for a similar style.
Images from: Google Images, Seafolly, General Pants, The Iconic.
Sometimes I am a typical Libran and just can’t decide. This time it was shoes! Gold studded sandals or Rose gold loafers?? So I bought both along for this shoot. Luckily I am tall so heels are just for evening and flats remain my staple. I think you all know that I have a thing for a drop crotch pant (see post here). My mother hates them but I can’t get over their comfort and if you keep it clean and simple then I really think it can work. These Camilla and Marc pants have been travelling with me for the past couple of months and have been mixed with every color shirt I own plus heels and flats of course. No fuss style is my moto. A couple good pieces and you are good to go. I even found my dearest old “Mimi” necklace -given to me long before Sex And The City introduced the Carrie necklace.
P.S. Don’t tell my Dr that I took off my splint for the photos. Shhh. Another 4 weeks until I can use my right arm again. Counting down.
Pants: Camilla and Marc // T-shirt: Saba // Sunglasses: Mimco // Sandals: Steve Madden // Loafers: habbot // Ring: Dominic Jones // Bracelets: Marc Jacobs and Gift // Hand Bag: Kate Spade (similar) // Necklace: Handmade “Mimi” Gold Necklace
After watching all the gorgeous web posts and magazine shots of the Melbourne Cup 2013 (think Australian version of Kentucky Derby) fashions, I have been inspired by one item…the headpiece. I love watching the ladies (and gents) get all dolled up and don their finest. This headpiece really got my attention. I just wish I had an occasion to wear one. Does anyone have any ideas of another place appropriate to wear one? In the meantime I will admire over the web. There are just so many to admire. Above is just a sample for inspiration……..
1. Amber Sceats Chain Headpiece
2. Lelet NY Gweneth Headpiece
3. ASOS beaded head crown
4. Amber Sceats Empress Headpiece
What is the point of owning great clothes if you can’t share among friends? I got the chance to finally post my super on sale Rebecca dress (posted here also) but worn by my dear friend and cousin. She needed a dress to have lunch with the hubby and as I am crashing at her’s at the moment while my post surgical arm heals, I got to share my wardrobe with her. She invested in these great neutral strappy heels and the rest is borrowed and I say, “Why not!?”
I wore the same outfit a few months ago while in Shanghai for a summer night cocktail party. A great night but the heat and poor club lighting did not make for an ideal photo shoot – I will allow you to only see one photo from that night at the very bottom of this post. Only because I love my followers!
So share those great outfits and love of style. It may make someone look at themselves in a whole new light and feel great for it. xx Mimi
Necklace: Nat Kent New Breed //Bracelets: Marc Jacobs (similar) and Gift // Rings: Kim’s own // Clutch: Aldo // Dress: Rebecca Taylor // Shoes: Nine West
Breathe…life has been busy. I finally finished the Australian tour of my show, our house sold and we moved out this weekend (and luckily I am have been taken in temporarily by my cousin) and as this posts I am having elbow surgery so will be having some forced time off work. I am just hoping I can still type!
But what keeps me happy is that Summer is here! Well southern hemispehere anyway. Anyone following me on Instagram knows I have a love affair with these MLM pants. Summer staple. It took me awhile getting into anything drop crotch (hello MC Hammer) but working with a bunch of uber cool performers kind of made me start to feel that I could pull them off too (I love them even if I can’t!). I think mixing them with a nude strappy heel would make a fun evening look too.
Pants: MLM Borderline // Tank: General Pants // Sandals: Steve Madden // Sunglasses: Ray-Ban
Entertainment + Circus Arts + Fashion + Photography = PERFECTION
Although a small departure from my regular posts I had to share these amazing, glamorous and beyond talented shots of a dear friend, Robyn H.oupt. I have worked with Robyn on 2 different shows and was a little more than excited to get the chance to share these amazing shots taken with her by the master, Jonathon Shoup.
I am beyond lucky to have such inspiring people in my life. I will let these pieces of art speak for themselves and a huge shout out goes to Robyn Houpt and Jonathon Shoup for allowing me to share.
Their vision on Fashion and acrobatic/dance style inspires me.
Let’s not even mention Robyn’s sky high leg for days….
Why not wear sky high heels on a trapeze?!
Be sure to check out all of Jonathon’s Work at Jonathon Shoup Studio
* Please note ALL these images are copyright *